Many times we need to change the Wifi password, this change can be made for several reasons but the main reason is to keep our wifi networks more secure. In this post, we bring you a guide so you can change your Xfinity wifi password.
How to Change Xfinity Wifi password on ARRIS?
You must be connected to the network Xfinity, via Wifi or network cable.
- From a pc or mobile, we’re going to open an internet browser and we’re going to write the following http://192.168.0.1
- In the user, we must type admin and in the key we type password and click login.
- Inside the router panel we’re going to look for the Wireless tab.
- Now you will see two tabs, the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz networks. The most commonly used network is 2.4 but you can make this change on both if you require it.
- Now we have to look for the Wireless Security option and in the box, we have to type the new password that we want.
- If you also require it you can change the Wifi network name in the Passphrase option.
- To finish and save the changes we need to click apply.
How to Change Xfinity Wifi password on Linksys?
- We open the internet browser and write the following http://192.168.1.1 or http://myrouter.local
- Now ask us for a password, usually, the word admin works, but you can check the router label if it brings some other information to access.
- When you enter your password you must click login to enter.
- Now we need to go to Wifi Settings and we can change the Wifi password in the password option.
How to change Xfinity Wifi password from Account Online
You can get your account information and manage your Xfinity services from any internet connection by following the steps below:
- Go to the website https://customer.xfinity.com/
- Now select Settings on the top of the page. (You can also select Manage Settings on the right-hand side or scroll down and choose the Manage Internet tile.)
- Then select WiFi Network & Password.
- Depending on the type of Xfinity Gateway on your account, select Edit with xFi or Edit.
From here, you can change your WiFi network’s name and password.
If you had problems changing the Xfinity Wifi password you can visit the Xfinity help website for more help or you can leave us your comment to help you.