Many times we need to share the wifi password to a friend, family member or someone. In this article we explain a simple and quick way to share your Wifi password without going to the modem or router to find it.
This process works only for iphone, ipad and mac, if you have another cell phone model it may not work for you.
Steps to share your WiFi password
- You must turn on Wi-Fi and Bluetooth on the devices you want to share the internet. If any of your devices have Internet Sharing turned on, turn it off.
- Keep the other person’s device close, within Bluetooth and Wi-Fi range.
- Now make sure that your device (from which you’re sharing your password) is unlocked and connected to the Wi-Fi network.
- You must select the Wi-Fi network on the device you want to connect.
- On your device, you’ll see a window where you need to click share wifi password and then click OK.
- You need to log in to iCloud with your Apple ID, and then make sure the email address you use for your Apple ID is saved in someone else’s Contacts. And make sure you have your email address saved in your Contacts.
When the whole family comes together there is always someone who needs the Wi-Fi password of the house. This trick will save you a lot of time, as you won’t have to look for the password if you don’t remember it.
If you have problems sharing your WiFi password from your Apple device, you can visit the apple help website